Sunday, July 3, 2011



I sat in the back of a Suzuki Swift car on Market St, Trim, yesterday afternoon reading from Jonathan Swift's, Gulliver's Travels. Two American ladies sat in the back seat with me listening and paid €2 each for the privilege.  So intrigued were they with my reading that they invited me to next years New York St Patricks Day Parade. 
Michael Farry, sat in the driving seat, under instructions from Paddy Smith that I was to read every word and page allotted to me.  Michael Regan sat in the front passenger seat, I didn't quite know why thought perhaps he was just feeling a bit tired or wanted to get out of the sun or maybe he just wanted to be brought back to his childhood once more.  When I was finished reading Paddy enquired from Michael Farry if I had read all three pages Michael agreed that I did.  He then asked Michael Regan if I got all the big words right, Michael hesitated for a few moments and then uttered I....I.. think he did.  So on Michael Regans word Paddy decided to give me a certificate.

As I walked down the street towards my car with Michael Regan, he said " you know the boys are worried about tomorrow's Battle they think Murray is going to do it again.

8 comments:

Frank said...

The Boys did you say!
FM.

MichaelSheils said...

I know! I know!! believe me!!! he said something else too. Something about nworb sepolevne.
Fill you in later.

Sheriff

Frank said...

The stepping motions and turnover positions in an operation of this complexity are critical, I worked it out myself on the back of a brown envelope!
FM.

MichaelSheils said...

Shi..sh.. quiet.
Cant understand why Rufus didn't bark?.

Paddy Smith said...

It has come to my attention, Mick, that you skipped over a hard word at the bottom of page 215. This means that we'll have to do it all again next year -- and it's all your fault!

MichaelSheils said...

I'm going to have to get my hands on the book and check out what it is you're hinting at.

Sheriff

Frank said...

I'm off in the long grass Mick....looking for Rufus!
FM.

MichaelSheils said...

If you find him mind he doesn't bite.