Friday, October 22, 2010

LEST WE FORGET

Sitting on the sidelines or on the fence cribbing and moaning is a lost opportunity, in fact, I don't know how people who engage in that don't commit suicide. 

The same man said " He never lodged sterling "

It sickens me to think that the man who uttered the above words hopes to become president of Ireland one day.  If this ever happens I for one shall not recognise him as such.

PS,  if you find him squating in your cupboard, call PEST CONTROL!!



Cromwell and Bertie

Cromwell spoke to Bertie
Saying 'Well done, that's my lad,
How you destroyed these old sites
It makes my old heart glad

'I too bullied the Irish
And I made them shake with fear
But compared to my destruction
You've done a lot more in one year

' How you violated those old graves
From Ardsallagh to Clonee
And desecrated the Tara Valley
That fills me full of glee.

' In the far and distant future
When driving through Rath Lugh
My name will be forgotten
But they'll all remember you'

Poem by,
Kieran Murray

The above poem appears in Kieran's book " The Vigil " a book dedicated to the people concerned about the preservation of all the ancient monuments in our Tara Valley.

No comments: