Saturday, December 12, 2009

Boyne Readings

On Thursday next December 17th at 8pm in the Village Hall, Knightsbridge Village, Longwood Road Trim, the Boyne Writers Group are holding their monthly Readings and Open Mic Session.





Featured writers on the night are Michael Clemenger who I mentioned earlier, he recently published his book, Holy Terrors, ( O'Brien Press ). I have just finished reading Michael's book and I can assure you, it is indeed, a great book. I find myself agreeing with Minister for Transport and local TD, Noel Dempsey, who, on the night of the launch said, "Michael's book should be made compulsory reading ".
The other writer is Brendan Carey Kinane who is a member of the Boyne Writers Group. Brendan wrote the winning entry in the Boyle Arts Festival Poetry Competition 2007 and he has won many awards in international poetry competitions.

Admission on night €5. Tea and refreshments provided.

No comments: